jueves, 14 de noviembre de 2013

Planning a whole life

I feel a little overwhelmed lately. If you read my last post you already know I'm (al last!) getting ready for make real an old project of doing a carved stamp workshop. I don't have any pressure because it'll be when I'm ready and, if I don't do it I'll be the only affected. I'm working on it, but my feeling is that I'm not working enough.


I have this project and also my children's book is going on slowly. I know these things take time, but meanwhile I don't know what to do. I mean, I'm carving, drawing, sewing, crocheting and doing 1000 things but I don't feel confident enough with anything. My interior voice says to me that it's time to focus but I don't know how to do it. I know what I want to have: more confidence, much more drawing skills, a style and a work partner.

So, my goal for December -if I survive to all the Christmas crafts I want to do- is to join some drawing classes. But it must be not expensive and convenient. I think when I improve my skills I'll feel more confident and my own style will come with the process. About a partner, I'm thinking of one person who could be interested.


The other day, while I was crocheting, another children's book came up to my mind. I want to do the illustrations by myself this time, that's also why I want to get some classes. Mr Glass says I just need to draw more and more. But I think it'll be much better to attend some classes.

For relaxing myself and forget this "I-don't-have-any-future" and "everyone-around-me-is-better-than-me" thoughts I listen to the Fleet Foxes, close my eyes and imagine I'm in Japan working as a craftswoman in a little cozy shop with a sleepy cat.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario