viernes, 1 de noviembre de 2013

Self-gift choice

I know it's soon for talking about Christmas, but I have a good reason. It's the second year that I don't have a regular incoming. Now I'm trying to save as much as I can, and I spend just in learning or art/crafts tools, as I'm thinking of selling some handmade things. That's the reason why I'm already thinking of Christmas presents. I think I'll save money if I do a list of the possible presents for each one and the budget. Other reason is that I might be making some handmade presents as they're cheaper and many times more successful than bought ones, so I'll need time. The hard decision would be for my self-gift. I think I'll share my books wish list with my love, my mum and my brother, they'll be kind enough for buying me a couple of them. But I still want something handmade. I hope some of you can give me your opinion about the following items so it'll be easier to choose one. I'm afraid if I take too much time, as all them are handmade items, they'll be sold out.

First option: this bag. I'm fond of these bags, 100% handmade, with high quality materials and made by an incredible artist (I also love her blog, pics and writing). It's a perfect sized bag for me, as you can see in her shop, a book fits perfectly and you still have room for a journal, pens, purse, tissues... Plus I love the colour. All my bags are dark and Mr Glass can't stand black colour for bags "You looks like a granny with that bag" he says.

Caterina Pérez

Second option: earrings. I'm not a jewellery person, but since I found JooJoo blog and I saw her etsy shop I want some of her art. I'd like to buy these rain earrings, but they're out of my budget. So, if I want some earrings I'd have to choose between these, these or these. I'm thinking of buying ones for my mum, her gift is always the most difficult to find. I will ask her advice for knowing which ones she likes the most, muahahaha.

Afsaneh Tajvidi

Third option: art. Here's one thing, I have MANY artworks I really love like crazy. I though maybe if I start collecting them now I'll have enough for my future future home. Problem: I'm afraid they'll be broken or damaged while they're in one of my brown moving boxes. So I don't know if this one is a good idea, I think it'll be in a dark dry place with my Ghost World comic book and many others... I shouldn't feel sorry for them, they're just things. But they're someone's piece of soul things. It's not like clothes or shoes or pens. Anyway... which one!? I like this one because it's relaxing and it'll look good in my future future studio or library or reading corner. I like this because is from my beloved Geninne and it'll be perfect for every single room of my f.f. house, it's inspiring and cheerful and it steals me a smile every time I see it. I also like this other from Geninne, I think it's very elegant and it makes me feel confident. I love this one because it has a narwhal on it (one of my fave animals ever), it makes me remember we have to respect and take care of our planet.

Geninne D. Zlatkis


I know I could just save that money, after all I'll have presents. But, I mainly buy a self-gift because I love those people job and I want to support them. I've been enjoying for free they art thanks to their blogs, now it's time to show them how much I love and appreciate what they do. What do you think? Which one would you choose?


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario